Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Responses: 9. Event Tickets

9. You win office. How will you use your tickets to Verizon Center and Nationals Park?

Biddle: I have to admit that tickets will not necessarily be my first priority. I currently provide tickets to principals as rewards for students with excellent attendance. I also provide tickets to my UDC Law interns who have worked on my special Committee on Truancy and School Safety.

Douglas: I support the local teams and would continue to do so. As a parent, grandparent, and educator, I know how important exposure to various activities is for the development of young minds. Therefore, I would provide as many opportunities for young people to visit these two venues for the various games and performances.

Lopez: My tickets will go to residents who would not normally be able to attend these games. The notion that council members fight over tickets to these games is ridiculous! These are perks that other citizens are not privy to. I will identify different organizations and clubs that I can give the tickets to for their commitment and service to the city.

Mara: I would donate my tickets to disadvantaged DC youth and their families and would encourage my colleagues to do the same.

Page: I would give them to honor roll students who receive free lunch, so that the poorest but most successful students in our city get to see a tangible reward for their hard work in school.

Weaver: I have publicly stated that I will not use tickets to the Verizon Center or Nationals Park either for my own personal use or as giveaways. I would work to eliminate these perks altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment